Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

On The Madness Of Rearranging Bits Of Plastic #3

Total Fail. This one has beaten me. Utterly. I barely found the resolve to even put it all back nicely into the box. The decaling was a disaster. Bubbles and chips. Melted spots. Terrible. I thought about smashing it or blowing it up. Childish, but I could move on.
It sure LOOKS NICE IN THE FREAKING BOX.
I thought I could just pull this out and finish it up. This is a kit off my main line, you know for fun. No fancy reference. Like a snack in between meals. I do a lot of snacking. One might say it ruins your meal. Rots your teeth. I like Good & Plenty. Really. Why are they always sold out, then?

Good night Irene.

I'm giving up hobbies. When I feel the urge scrape a seam line I'll have some Good & Plenty instead. At Walgreens they are $1 for a big box (if you buy four and use your rewards card). Someone once asked me if the pink ones tasted different from the white ones. This is an absurd question, then I realized I was talking to a young person, where such a distinction would matter. After all, why bother to dye half of every production run pink if there was no reason? I gave the young person one and they popped it in their mouth. There was a count of about the time it takes to say "Red Dye #2" and they made a sick face and literally spit it out. YES, THAT'S CORRECT, NO MORE BUILDING. Gonna watch Walker Texas Ranger and eat Sugar Babies and Dots. Do the colors of the Dots match some sort of flavor? Is that why there isn't blue ones? I am listing EVERYTHING on Ebay right now. $1 each. Chuck it all. No more drilling holes for Grandt bolts. No more watch dial glue, no more future, no fancy panel scrapers, no Mr. Color, no saving foil from wine bottles or chocolate candy bars. I AM COMPLETELY DONE. I'll fix the front gate and clean the garage. When I see an un-built model I'll kick it across the alley. Where the neighbors dog can whiz on it. That's right. I'm taking it all down to the river, putting them in a bag with a brick. People will start asking me what I'm doing after a while again, because my answer won't be "I'M BUILDING AN IL-2M THAT I"M CUTTING THE STRAIGHT WINGS OFF TO MAKE THE ARROW VERSION". I am done. No more. Hobbies bad. I will build no more forever.

Another fun model kit.
...This came today. Only 70 parts. There is an all red civilian version. I could build this for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment