Friday, May 22, 2020

Mr. Hobby Procon Boy LWA Trigger Type Double Action Airbrush Review

I like my Paasche VL airbrush a lot. But, I have been using my Iwata top loader so much that I can't deal with the VL's siphon style bottom paint feeding anymore. So much wasted paint and time to clean up. I almost drilled a hole in the top of my VL thinking I could retrofit it. I even tried using it upside down. It doesn't take much to inspire a google search, so here we are.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Hobbying In Place INTERMISSION: Hobby Room Secrets

I finished a model today and felt so good about it that I decided to give myself (and the audience) a break from nit-picking, scratching panel lines, drilling holes and huffing solvent. Somewhere someone was doing a "hashtag modelers room challenge" and thought it would be a good time to give a tour of my hobby room. So, follow me go down into the basement which used to be my domain until Caleb needed the space to set up his Vive. We used to have people over to play Crypts-N-Creepies. It's also a pantry. Watch your head.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Hobbying In Place #9 Building the Airfix Handley Page Victor K2/SR.2

Some mornings I wake up, I have energy to do something hobby related while I drink my coffee, but my eyes are not open enough to do real work. Lately the mornings have been longer. I'm not a big sitter arounder.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Hobbying In Place #8 Building the Airfix Handley Page Victor K2/SR.2

I know why projects go onto the shelf of doom. It is about expectations.

My expectations were to slide a project out of my stash as a sort of snack. A "snacky" build, you know, one with a low reference impact, fun and that would go together easily. A project that I could just pop into my mouth and "viola" a finished model. A quickie between lunch and dinner. A little side jaunt, just like the one I saw at the Butch-Ohare show. But not white, I needed to do something different. You simply can't come to a party wearing the same dress as someone else.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hobbying In Place #6 Building the Airfix Handley Page Victor K2/SR.2

A Tale of How Sanding Leads To Distraction

I have watched grown men pull their own heads off rather than build a kit with intakes. Because I am building for fun, because there may never ever be another judge or contest, because I simply need to build just to keep my frail sanity, because if I get stuck not finishing this, well, you know.