Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Zis-5V (1/35, MAC Models, Ukraine) Chapter 2

Playing a bit of catch up here, much is done, just figuring out best way to present.  In today's installment you will see what will be changed/improved for the Nats demo.


This is a build up OOB and will be used as a comparison to the improved version.  Much of the suspension frame work will disappear under the body, but you can be surprised as to what can be seen.  The guttyworks of these vehicles are pretty exposed, so putting in a bit of work here will reward any viewer with enough gumption to look closely.  Or earn you an extra whack with a frying pan from wifey.  My ears are still ringing, so ask me later.


Now the upper bits.  Originally I thought the hood and side panels were Ok, but once I got to them...thank you Sticky!  The all-styrene tires are not bad and this American type shows up in my references.  BUT, they have to go, they are not Russian enough.  A wiser person would never replace the wooden parts with actual wood.  I have always wanted to try this, so now is the time.  Of course, I picked a truck with a wooden cab, so we shall see how many whacks with the frying pan this earns me.  I know this is wayway overkill, but not only do I count bolt heads, I cut them off and reposition them so their sides are not all aligned.  Note the fire extinguisher on the front of the cargo box.  I have never seen evidence of even a holder for one in any photograph.  If anyone out there has a photo or manual showing this feature, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment