Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Zis-5V (1/35 MAC Models, Ukraine) Chapter 7

Having problems sleeping at night?  Try reading this next chapter....


Our journey continues.  With a lot of this type of building one part can't get made/positioned until another part under it is set.  Before I go any further on the hood sections, it's time to get the radiator straightened out. The kit parts simply butt up against each other.  In real life the hood sections overlap the cab and radiator. So, the radiator needs to be thickened.  I added a plate of thick plastic and trimmed down close to the sides. I really try to avoid using fillers (why add a step, right?).  When I glued the extension on I used toob glue and made sure the edges smushed together.  Once it is close I mark the edge with a black sharpie.

In your mind you have abilities you know.  To telepath messages through the vast unknown.


This is a picture of filing (there is no force on earth to filing interesting).  The purpose of the Sharpie is so you can see what the file is actually doing.

Please close your eyes and concentrate.


See?  When there is black showing, you know there is more to do.

With every thought you think...


Use 600 grit sandpaper and polish.  Vuola!

Upon the recitation we're about to sing.


Again, for the last time, I decided to cut new louvres in the side panels.  This time I am using .003 thick brass sheet.  Note the jig and .040 x .040 stock as guides to space the cuts.  Should work, right?  Well.... because I couldn't see the cuts in relation to each other as I made them, it didn't work.  the cuts were noticeably not straight.

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft.


So I used the stock as a guide to draw the divisions, then cut.  This way I could align each new cut in relation to the old cut and get it lined up.  The brass is much thinner this time, so making the cuts is way easier.

Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft....


Draw nice straight lines...then cut out.


Finished part, test fit.  Note, bottom edge is still long, to be trimmed.  Brass is your friend....so easy to work with.

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft.


I want to solder all the hood sections together, but before I do, need to look at the latch brackets.  It might be easier to get these out of the way now, in case I want to attach them to the side hood sections.  I know, I know...

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft....Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft...


So, here is the plan (above).

You've been observing our earth.  And we'd like to make a contact with you.


We (we who?) are going to make little thermoforms.  First, I make two patterns, a male and female that fit together.

We are your friends...calling occupants of interplanetary craft...


These are stuck into smooth jaw pliers using double stick tape.  Align them by closing the jaws.

Calling occupants and interplanetary ultra-emissaries. We've been observing your earth.


I heat up some thin styrene over a candle and clamp it with my pliers.  You can see the "smash" molding here.  what I need is the little "bumpy" thing to build around.

And one night we'll make a contact with you. We are your friends. Calling occupants of interplanetary craft...


I only need 4...but I always make an extra.   I use double stick to line them all up after rough cutting.

Calling occupants of interplanetary, quite extraordinary craft. Please come in peace we beseech you. Only a landing will teach them.


Make them all at once, so they will match.

Our earth may never survive...So do come we beg you...Please interstellar policemen....


The almost final product.  The important thing is that you can make it.  I made the before soldering the hood sections together, just because I wasn't sure how they would be attached (yes, at one point I thought I might make then out of brass and solder them in position).  Now that I know what they are and that I'll be super glueing them in place...I can move forward.

Won't you give us a sign...Give us a sign that we've reached you...


This an organizational trick I use, so I feel like I'm making headway.  I stick double stick tape onto sections of plastic and put parts for various assemblies in groups.  You can write right on the plastic.  It's Ok.  It's like I'm mad.  Mu....mu....mu...maddd.

With your mind you have ability to form...And transmit thought energy far beyond the norm...


Here is that roll of double stick tape....you cannot live without it.  trust me. 


You close your eyes...You concentrate...Together that's the way...To send the message...We declare World Contact Day...


"One things for sure...we are going to be a lot thinner"....

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft....calling occupants of interplanetary craft....Ahhh....
Calling occupants
Calling occupants
Calling occupants
Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft....


Next post we get out the fire and the lead....!



No comments:

Post a Comment