Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Yet Another Distraction # 63

 
I like to think of my self like an onion, many layered.  A couple of months ago I peeled away a few more layers and rediscovered painting miniatures.  Sure beats distraction # 62 from last week, "Why salt licks are fun".

 
Here is a finished shot with a nice fuchsia background.
 
 
This was a test run...I wasn't even sure if my tired old eyes could transmit the data to my brain.
 
 
I am assuming that most of you guys out there are Plastic Modelers, so here is a scale reference.
 
 
For fun I Googled "thejoyofmodeling" and got this:
 
 
...which lead to "Do fashion models hate their jobs?".  The truly amazing thing is that I have sucked you into wasting time with me.
 
 
I have been busy.  Center stage is a 1/32 Me-110.  My paint masks came yesterday.  Oh joy!
 
 
Saved this from Ebay.  Was gonna sell it, but there are a million of them and they are not worth a dime.  50's vintage (an antique) and a pretty good model.  Excited about this one.
 
 
UX-1 from Space Battleship Yamato 2199.  I have already built a new base.  Wish it wasn't 1/144.
 
 
Cosmo Zero A2 from above mentioned show.  New base that simulates interior bay of Yamato.
 
 
My reference if we need to slug it out.
 
 
Squadron finally figured it out.  Offer models at good prices or go out of business.  At the NatCon I bought a few things from them, got a $20 off coupon and went back and bought more.  Only took them a decade to figure it out.  At the show I saw a whole bunch of cute 1/72nd scale AC.  Looks like I'm on the band wagon.... 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment